Monday, December 12, 2011

Days 9, 10 and 11: Truth in the Tinsel Experience

We seem to form a patteren of not getting the time or oppertunity to do our advent crafts over the weekend.  Which is understandable seeing that weekends are always jam packed with family fun :)  But we did however make the time to have our advent treats.  On Sunday Andy pulled our a slip of paper out of the stocking on which I drew a gingerbread man indicating that we will be baking gingerbread men as his treat for the day.  He was so excited and had great fun decorating them.  I did most of the baking of coarse because the kids prefer to eat cookie dough while occationally helping.  The icing part though was done very enthusiastically by all (including Mommy). :)


So Monday is a crafty goodness day of catch up.  This morning we made Joseph for Day 9.  I didn't have the correct shaped peg called for in the instructions so we used craft sticks for the legs and a round Christmas ornament for the head. I glued it with hot glue...


Joseph with Mary and a felt heart on our tree...


Day 10 was about Joseph's dream so Andy made this pillow stuffed with cotton wool.  I inserted an eyelet for easy hanging and we glued the bottom shut with fabric glue...


This Mommy is a decluttering Mommy so unfortunately we didn't have magazines lying around to cut up.  I did however have scrapbook paper which we cut some letters from.  I didn't like the lowercase j in the front of the name of Jesus so I just filled in a capital J with a marker :) 


We glued a pipe cleaner to the back to hang it...


We had so much fun this morning!  My lounge floor needs a good sweeping now cause Jane has to join in on the crafting fun by 'sorting' through our craft box while we are busy and Andy loves cutting up the little bits of left over materials into tiny pieces :)

Andy is really happy cause it's school holidays so the neighbour kids are all at home.  He's busy right now having a lovely morning picnic under the shade of a big tree with 2 of his friends.  I so fondly remember my own carefree summer holidays!  Okay enough day dreaming... got to go do those dishes... and sweep the floor :)

1 comment: