Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Felt Angry Birds Set

Andy LOVES the game Angry Birds.  However we prefer him playing physical games rather than ones on a screen so I got the idea one day to make him a physical set to play with.  I made them out of felt and stuffed the pigs with normal stuffing but I stuffed the bird with small dried beans cause I thought it would have a better impact when thrown.  It worked perfectly and Andy LOVES his 'real' Angry birds set.  I plan on making the other birds too when I get some extra sewing time but for now he has some pigs, a red bird and some random pieces of wood that my Dad cut for him...

Stage 1...


Stage 2... (Andy proudly showing his Angry Birds set)


Stage 3...


Stage 4... Setting up after destruction



Andy creates really great stages.  He took his set to his Granny's house one day but with 5 little boy cousins hurling the bird at the pigs the birds nose started coming off so Mommy needs to perform a bit of needle surgery soon and then the games can continue...

Stage 5... :)


1 comment:

  1. I only saw this now. I really like it. I need to see if I can make some for Elijah. I am certain they will not look like yours but Christmas presents this year are going to be more homemade than anything - and he would love this.

    ReplyDelete