Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's a ...

So we went for our scan about 2 weeks ago and found out that we're having a GIRL!!!

It took a while to get used to the idea cause we're so used to be surrounded by blue things but it didn't take me long to take a trip to the wool and material shops to stock up on pink :)

We're so excited about this new adventure of raising a daughter. Andy is super excited as well and when I sit and do knitting or sewing he asks for material, thread, needles or yarn and makes his own little item for his sister. When he's done with his little creation he puts it in the baby's cupboard ready to be 'used' when she arrives. Often I have to sneak to the cupboard when he's not looking and remove his large sewing needle from his project :)

As soon as I found out we're having a girl, Andy and I sorted through all his baby things that I kept and divided all the boy items for his cousin and a friend of mine who recently had a boy and we took all the things that can pass for a girl (even some blue items that a girl can also wear) and packed it into the compactum drawers. My oldest sister is coming a month before due date to help me wash everything and re-pack it in the proper order.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! This is such awesome news, it will be great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!
    have fun preparing for your darling and enjoy the last few times alone with Andy.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete